Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Okay so apparently I can see the sites using Mozilla but not w/IE now. Gah so weird plus I'm back at school T_T but unfortunately I can't access certain things b/c those features only work for IE.

Rahhh I just want to scream now. lol One of my friends suggested that I was banned, but I asked why would I be banned from so many places >_> I don't think I'm that bad of a person.

<font color="#345E81" size="1">[ January 16, 2006 02:38 PM: Message edited by: justwildbeat ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You can't get banned on one browser and still access with another, so it must've been one of MSIE's exploits. Probably some malware got installed through MSIE and broke it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Bah well that's really unfortunate now T_T I really don't like having to rely on other people for my dramas :/

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If you *really* *really* need it and can't workaround it in any way, try reinstalling MSIE6. When you run the installer, found in Microsoft's ugly mess they call website, you will be given a choice to reinstall it. This probably fixes the thing, but keep using Firefox for everything that works on it (it loads pages faster, and doesn't expose your computer).

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, as what ended up happening is through a series of fiddling around, my computer rebelled. Wouldn't let me repair it and somehow skipped into reinstalling WindowsXP without my approval and before letting format the drive T_T Oh and now I'm using the Chinese version which makes it VERY difficult to read the technical words :/

<font color="#345E81" size="1">[ January 23, 2006 02:22 AM: Message edited by: justwildbeat ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What is an OGG file? Simply put.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

OGG file is a frame format for sound files like WAV, similar to what AVI, MKV, or OGM are for video, but with more metadata and features than other sound file formats, and free?.

You can use various encoders for the sound data inside OGG files, but the most common one by far is Vorbis, a high performance lossy encoding slightly better than MP3 and WMA, which is also free?. Most people will confuse OGG with Vorbis. Other codecs for OGG are FLAC (high performance lossless free? codec), Theora...

Official site for OGG and various codecs

If you're ripping a CD, or encoding audio, you'll usually want to use OGG/Vorbis. Visit the official website or Google for "oggenc.exe" for a free utility.
    ____
    ?: Free as in "really free", which means not GPL, but public domain. Source code is available, you can freely use it in a commercial application, and you can sell it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Interesting to hear, in fact i was looking for some encoder for the OGG format. The game engine i'm working with uses that format to play sounds.

Senior Hostboard Member Dreamer7000's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've dscussed this problem of mine with Wiseman a few times now, but now again strange things happen.
    Sometimes, I'm unable to connect to Hostboard, unless I use a proxy. After a few months, when nothing changes nor at my ISP, nor at my comp, by a miracle I can access it with direct internet connection again. Now after the hostboard server was down, I was able to access without a proxy for a few days. On Thursday morning, I could also access GB normally, but after I opened the third page, I needed to use a proxy again. Under these circumsances, anyone has any idea what causes this?
    Only Hostboard.com has this problem and only on my computer. Others who use the same ISP have no such problems with the site. I don't have any firewall installed, don't even have Windows Service pack 2.
    It's a pain to always search for a proxy to be able to view the Granaboard. Any help/advice is welcome!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It's a strange problem. One would think a DNS problem. In fact I believe it is a DNS problem, in which case it wouldn't be a problem in your computer. Try the following:

1. Open a console (Start+Run..., "CMD" , Ok)
    2. Enter the following command, without the quotes: "ping www.hostboard.com"
    3. Copy here the two first lines of text in the result.

Now try the following: Browse this site: http://216.254.113.86/
    You should see a monster truck racing site, let me know if you don't.